Directors Letter June 2021
Big News! There’s a sale this month on Membership dues! Buy 12 months and get two months free! But just for June! You can renew early if you like. Consider buying a friend a membership or buying a membership for someone who can’t afford one. Membership is only $60 for one person or $75 for the entire household.
There is also a discount on a Lifetime Membership. Pay once then never again. You get your name engraved on a plaque outside the Great Room and an invite to our annual donor dinner. What a great way to leave a mark on the Senior Center and leave a legacy. A lifetime membership for one person is currently $500, so in June you can get it for $450! A lifetime membership for a couple is just $750!
If you renew and purchase a new membership in June then you also get entered into a drawing. You could win a certificate for admission for four to Remlingers Fun Park (a great place to take the grandkids!), a wine class for up to 20 people with wine included! Or you might win a $50 gift card! The drawing will take place Friday, July 2nd.
Why become a member? Enjoy these great benefits!
- It’s a powerful way to show your support and your commitment that the programs we offer should continue and that what we do is valued by you.
- Get access to over 40 programs and activities each week at a discounted price!
- Enjoy a free lunch at our monthly birthday lunch in the month of your birthday.
- Get voting privileges on the board slate and bylaws changes.
- A subscription to the monthly newsletter filled with articles and activities delivered directly to your door! You’ll always know what is going on!
- Have your emergency contact information on file so we can help in case of an emergency.
- Have people who care about you and will contact and support you in trouble.
- Access to a social worker to provide information and support and a friendly visitor.
- Discounts to very low cost health programs (like Bastyr, Dental clinic, footcare, Anti-coagulation clinic) saving visits to the doctors office
- Discounts to very low cost fitness programs (like Enhance Fitness, Yoga, Zumba)
- Opportunity to serve on the board and assist the Center in implementing its strategic plan.
- A NEW MEMBER BENEFIT: 50% off your purchase at Re-In-Carnation Thrift Store on the first Wednesday of each month!
Members are in the know about what is happening and are involved in their community. You don’t have to be a member to participate in classes or activities but members get privileges like those listed above. If you want to become a member but can’t afford the fee, we have scholarships available.
And talking about being in the know, please join us for a zoom member meeting on June 22 at 1:00 pm to get an update on senior housing! We are actively pursuing funding right now and moving forward!
Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4253334152?pwd=Y2ordDBaZWt0aTBwTnhZN1dTZUFCQT09 or call 1-253-215-8782; Meeting ID: 425 333 4152; Passcode: 1234. You can also register by going to www.snovalleysenior.org
I’m always happy to chat with you if you have questions, concerns or praise. You can pop up to my office or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-333-4152, ext. 1
Lisa Yeager, Director