Big News! There’s a sale this month on Membership dues! Buy 12 months and get two months free! But just for February! You can renew early if you like. Consider buying a friend a membership or buying a membership for someone who can’t afford one. If you bring in a new member in February then you both get a free lunch on Lisa! Membership is only $60 for one person or $75 for the household.
There is also 10% off on a Lifetime Membership. Pay once then never again. You get your name engraved on a plaque outside the Great Room and an invite to our annual donor dinner. What a great way to leave a mark on the Senior Center and leave a legacy. A lifetime membership for one person is currently $500, so in February you can get it for $450. A lifetime membership for a couple is $750!
Why become a member? Enjoy these great benefits!
- It’s a powerful way to show your support and your commitment that the programs we offer should continue and that what we do is valued by you.
- Get access to over 40 programs and activities each week at a discounted price!
- Enjoy a free lunch at our monthly birthday lunch on the month of your birthday.
- Get voting privileges on the board slate and bylaws changes.
- A subscription to the monthly newsletter filled with articles and activities delivered directly to your door! You’ll always know what is going on!
- Enjoy deep discounts on trips.
- Have your emergency contact information on file so we can help in case of an emergency.
- Have people who care about you and will contact and support you in trouble.
- Access to a social worker to provide information and support and a friendly visitor.
- Discounts to very low cost health programs (like Bastyr, Dental clinic, footcare, Anti-coagulation clinic) saving visits to the doctors office
- Discounts to very low cost fitness programs (like Enhance Fitness, Yoga, Zumba, Tai Chi)
- Opportunity to serve on the board and assist the Center in implementing its strategic plan.
- Friendship, hot lunch, transportation, and fun!
Members are in the know about what is happening and are involved in their community. You don’t have to be a member to participate in classes or activities but members get privileges like those listed above. If you want to become a member but can’t afford the fee, we have scholarships available.
One more way simple way to support the Senior Center is to just sign in on every activity. King County gives us $24,000 each year and requires monthly reports about how many people attended activities. But lunch is the key area that we really need you to sign in. We fund a portion of lunch with the donations ($5 suggested donation but pay what you can) but we also get $2.50 per meal for every person who signs in. So by not signing in for lunch, you are losing us money. Soon a scan card will be implemented by Aging and Disability Services who partially funds our lunch. If you don’t get a lunch ticket proving that you signed in or scanned in, we won’t be able to serve you. All you have to do is sign your name or scan your card (to be received soon) or no lunch. It doesn’t matter if you make a donation or not. We just need proof of number of people served and that everyone is a real person because of fraud at other senior centers. We’ll also need a brief form filled out as a fraud prevention measure. But isn’t our hot homemade meal worth it! We are so blessed to have a chef like Jennifer.
I’m always happy to chat with you if you have questions, concerns or praise. You can pop up to my office or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-333-4152, ext. 1