April 6, 2020
I’m amazed, stressed, inspired, sad, grateful, overwhelmed, and joyful! Maybe you are full of conflicting emotions right now too. It is such an unprecedented time. But most of all I am grateful for you. Because you showed our older adults that our community cares. You made a difference. And here is how.
Thanks to you in March, we were able to provide:
- Nearly 1,000 hot made from scratch meals which were picked up or delivered to local seniors. We’re on track to increase that number by quite a bit in April!
- Hundreds of check-in and reassurance calls to participants weekly.
- The Sno-Valley Senior Center Activity Group, a Facebook page with puzzles, jokes, information and resources. https://www.facebook.com/groups/200084431274005/
- Encouragement, puzzles and information with each lunch
- Free grocery and medication pick-up and delivery.
- Phone counseling with information and assistance provided.
That’s the kind of difference you make. Thanks to you everyday a lonely senior receives the gift of food and friendship. You make sure people know they are not alone.
I hope you are managing well and are healthy. We are here for you too. So if you need anything, please give us a call – 425-333-4152. We’re here Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
All the best,
Lisa Yeager, Director