March Directors Letter
I’m excited to share with you our 2022 Gratitude Report, included in this newsletter. In 2022 we were excited to be open for a full year since 2019. We upgraded the community computer lab with new computers, monitors, and a new printer. Our programming calendar continued to expand with classes like Otago, Basket Making, and Tai Chi.
We were able to offer evening programming after hiring Senior Center Assistant, Kendra Mass, and now have fitness programming 3 evenings per week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays).
Thanks to a capital campaign lead by Lisa Yeager, we raised the funds needed to build affordable senior housing, right here in the Snoqualmie Valley.
Some of the most impactful difference makers were our GEMs- those who Give Every Month. We have 44 households that donate every month, who provide us with consistent funding that we can rely on to support, inspire, and uplift our community to lead healthy, enriched lives.
Why become a monthly donor? Our GEMs compound their impact with a consistent cash flow, which makes us a better, more efficient organization that can be more innovative and able to meet the needs of more people than ever.
We have 44 GEMs today, and our goal is to have 55 by the end of March. YOU can help us reach that goal!
When asked why they give, one of our monthly donors said, “It is a wonderful community resource that we personally benefit from physically, emotionally, and socially.”
What can your monthly gift accomplish?
- $100 per month can provide 20 hot, made-from-scratch meals per month.
- $75 per month covers the cost if 1 month of fitness classes.
- $50 per month covers the cost of support group counseling for grief and for caregivers for two groups each month.
- $30 per month provides homebound seniors with 5 meals of nutritious good delivered to their door, each month.
- $20 per month covers the cost for a senior to attend 2 classes per month (creative writing, Yoga, Drums Alive, etc).
- $10 per month provides small supplies needed for a minor home repair.
Any amount makes a difference (one-time gifts are also a wonderful way to support Sno-Valley Senior Center if you’re unable to do monthly!).
When you start making a monthly pledge, we will send you a small gift, to show our gratitude for your support!
In the meantime, enjoy all the accomplishments presented in our 2022 Gratitude Report. Our success is your success!
If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-333-4152.Kira Avery, Executive Director