It takes a lot to run a Senior Center! We can’t do it without YOU, our members, donors and volunteers. I am in awe of how much you love and believe in SVSC. You get involved in so many ways. I love how someone sees a need then finds ways to take care of it! Carol Kerezturi volunteers in the kitchen. The ceiling lights in the kitchen kept going out even with repeated changing bulbs. So she and her husband Johnny brought in their friend, Jerry, a retired electrician. He agreed to install new ballasts and lights. Carol and Johnny agreed to pay for them! Pretty cool! Ralph & Grace Scheidegger used to be very involved in our senior center. They didn’t have children so they named Sno-Valley Senior Center (SVSC) as one of the non-profits to receive a portion of their estate. In January, we received a check for $100,000 from their estate! This will build our reserves and supplement the funds we’ve already raised for a new van with a lift! We hope to get a new one soon! The city of Carnation gave us a first time, one time gift of $5,000! We are so grateful to the city council for their support. Also, King County council member, Kathy Lambert was tasked with making major reductions to the King County Budget but she managed to maintain $25,000 in it for SVSC for 2017! We are so grateful to the many who give to empower our local senior citizens to lead healthy, enriched lives. There are many simple things you can do to support us!
- Attend an event! It’s a great way to introduce your friends and family to us and it provides funds for our programs! In February, we have Rainbow Bingo on Feb. 10; Wine & Chocolate tasting on Feb. 18 and cake auction on March 11.
- Become a member or even better become a Lifetime Member and never pay dues again! In 2016, Janet Kautz and Caroline Butler became Lifetime members and will have their names added to our plaque in the hallway.
- Rent the Center for a family or business event. It’s a great place to celebrate a milestone birthday, anniversary or hold a memorial service or wedding!
- Sponsor an event. Sponsors underwrite the costs so 100% of proceeds go to our programs! Chris & Sandy Vattaks of Community Business Services are sponsoring the Feb. bingo because they know it’s a great way to advertise their business and support their community. Vince and Claudia Kaelin and family are sponsoring the cake auction as a way for their whole family to support our mission. You can sponsor in honor of someone or to advertise.
- Give a Legacy Gift. Name us as a beneficiary in your life insurance or will.
- Volunteer! We have short term (help with an event planning or day of) and long term to help with reception, thrift shop or kitchen. We need occasional on-call help with yardwork, building maintenance, driving or as a substitute for volunteers out temporarily.
- Attend activities. We are here for you so we can all live healthy, enriched lives. So come enjoy our family atmosphere at lunch, or one of fitness classes or hobby clubs. Help us spread the word about what an incredible, fun activity center we are!
Feel free to call or e-mail me anytime! Lisa Yeager, Director, (425) 333-4152 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org